The post- holiday blues plus some over ambitious resolutions can make motivation hard to find. This quick, easy breakfast can help you stay on track with your 2018 wellness resolutions. Feel free to use your own combinations of favorite fruits. All you need to do is throw ingredients in a bowl at night and you’ve got a healthy breakfast ready to go! Add nuts or nut butter for protein and a healthy fat, or try sunflower butter if there is a nut allergy in the house.
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fruit of choice (try frozen berries, they will thaw by morning) or ¼ cup fruit and ½ banana, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons nut butter or ¼ chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup almond milk (enough to cover ingredients)
- Add all ingredients, except milk, to a portable bowl (with lid).
- Pour milk over the rest of the ingredients. Pour until ingredients are covered.
- Place in fridge. Remove from fridge when ready to eat, stir and enjoy. *Option to top with 1 tablespoon chia seeds before eating.